Monday 16 April 2007

Driving Experience

I never thought this day would come when i would actually get my license (P), for the record the date of this momentous event was 16th April 2007... i know many people would be thinking that " its only a driving license, What's the big deal??" or " What's so exciting about it"...the interesting and exciting part is that for me is that i never thought this day would actually come as i was only suppose to get my license when i was 21 & above (dont be shock), this is due to some issues my mum has with driving. Anyways ill take you back to how me (premi) who was never suppose to get her license actually and finally got it.

(flashback to January)
Since i was bumming around because i had not quite decided what to do with my life, my dad decided i should learn how to drive instead of wasting my time. At that moment i just started working at my dad's office. He thought driving was a good idea because i could help him out later (etc,...etc). I wasnt really keen on getting my license compared to when i was 17, when all my friends were in the process of getting theirs..but eventually i gave in to my dad's wishes...As you might guess, mum was not pleased about this at all..

(February)
So my dad enrolled me at Kandasamy Driving School, where practically most people go to. The whole 6 hour ceramah was such a drag and it totally killed any little motivation in me to learn how to drive. Nevertheless, i decided to just finish it and get it over and done. After passing the computer test and attending another 6 hour of torture ceramah, it was finally time for me to get behind the wheels for the very 1st time. (note: the only good thing from the ceramah was meeting new people)..

(March)
After a month,i started my driving classes...the delay was because my parents were overseas and well i was feeling a teeny bit lazy *heheh*. So at the end of march i started driving. My 1st driving class didnt turn out as bad i expected it to be. Add to which my confidence level was given a boost by my driving instructor who said i was good for a first timer *whee!!*..Then after another lesson, my classes begun at Kapar.. Gosh how i hated the Kapar lessons, this is because :

1) the 30 minute drive there was soooooo long and terrible due to bad maintenance of roads
2) my classes were in the afternoon when it was so terribly hot, i could feel the heat of the sun just burning through my skin
3) I just hated that place..*hehe*

So i finished my 10 hours of driving class which is actually suppose to be 16 hours according to the law!!!!!.. After 10 hours, the driving school will charge you extra which in my opinion is not FAIR!!! at all.*sighs*.. At the end of the 5 lessons, i still felt scared (driving is one of my many phobia's)..but with the determination to not prolong it i decided to take my driving exam.

(April)

9th April, the day of my driving exam..i had butterfly in my stomach throughout the whole journey getting there. i was really nervous. despite of feeling scared inside i had a chance to get to know a girl named Tinapriya (she did SAM but we never got the chance to talk)..i guess you could say our meeting was Faith.. Well at Kapar, my bukit was the first exam..and sad to say i did not pass my parking and NO!!! the poles did not fall..it was just that my car touch the pole without my realisation..hehe. but i did pass my "ujian jalan raya".. I felt sad and just really down because i didnt pass my bukit and had to come back to this wretched place *long sigh*

16th April, 2nd driving test (resit bukit and all)..one good thing that came out of this was i had Tina with me..she was my resit buddy!! and motivater!!..we went through the whole dillema together. As you might guess by now i did pass my bukit and everything and now im a P driver..*yippie*!!! this happiness was also felt by Tina..

(present moment)
Well there you have it, my extremely long post on how i got my driving license. To be honest, the joy and excitment you feel when you passed after experiencing failure cannot be compared to anything. i was on cloud 9..i couldnt have done it withouht my friends who believed in me also and knew i could do it (love you people!!!!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB! now you can be my driver...muahahaha!

priya

bedazzeld said...

ahahaha first i have to collet my license which i havent collected yet!! and then i gotta practice driving..which i reall dont want to!!!

Anonymous said...

well too bad you got license so you better know how to drive safely the next time i c u k...blegh!

priya

bedazzeld said...

hahah hopefully im still around when u come back *sobs* gonna miss you a whole lot!!