Sunday 11 March 2007

Turning 19!!

7th March 1988, the day i was brought into this world, given life and a purpose to live. After 19 years of existence here i am today, all grown up and matured into a young lady (at least i think i have) *hehe*. throughout this 19 years of life, i have learnt so much and have endured many good and bad times. Being able to celebrate my 19th birthday is already a BIG deal to me cause i know there are people who are not able to do so.

I am a birthday person, in normal language it means i get all excited about my birthday one month before and start making plans, eventhough my plans wont turn out quite how i expected it to be *sighs* its the whole idea and excitement which gets me all hyper and excited about my birthday. This not only happens for my birthday, i feel the same excitement for others. Some might find this awkward but to me its already a norm..im not sure whether i would still feel the same about it when im 25...ill just leave that for next time...

Although i was looking forward towards my birthday, i felt sad and disappointed with myself over certain matters. To make things worse i got bad news a day before my birthday, somehow i just didnt feel myself. Eventhough i had all this happening i decided to put it all behind for a while and enjoy my birthday well because im only 19 once isnt it. As we grow older, we have more responsibilities and more expectations set upon us. Thats the downside of turning 19.

Looking at the bright side, i did have a good day. i actually spent some quality time with my mother (shopping!!!), had lunch with friends and dinner with the family..we were missing 1 family member (miss ya sis)..got presents ( never get tired of receiving presents)...thats about it..overall it was a simple yet pleasant day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the pictures?? Someone once told me that every year as our age increases, we keep counting our blessings instead of the candles...sounds familiar? Well in other words, I just want you to know that your 19th year would be accompanied with greater, bigger and better blessings..so stay excited all through it..

bedazzeld said...

no actually it does not sound familiar???

Anonymous said...

You made me say it: To refresh your memory, thats the msg you sent my dad for his birthday last year...somethings arent forgotten too easily..

Anonymous said...

oooh yey u miss me!!!

priya